Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Twitter Project

I have created a Twitter account under the name Caitlin Comm. I get Twitter right on my phone so I'm always connected.  I followed numerous Twitter accounts but these five are the ones that are most important to me.

1. Rihanna
     - She is one of my favorite singers. I follow her on my other Twitter account as well.  She updates her Twitter with when future albums will be coming out as well as concert and tour dates will be. She also posts pictures about places she goes and things that she is doing. Although most people don't care about these things, they are of interest to me.


2. New York Times
     -This is my favorite publication to read at home for news, sports, entertainment, etc. My favorite though is the New York Times Style section as it provides fashion tips, pictures and information from designers' fashion shows, and upcoming event. New York Times updates their Twitter many times a day with breaking news stories so its very useful to me. Getting Twitter right to my phone cause I can stay updated with all the breaking news that the NYT posts.


3. New York Yankees
     -The New York Yankees is my favorite sports team of all time so of course I had to follow them on Twitter. If it wasn't for me following them on Twitter I wouldn't have known this morning was the release of the tickets for the upcoming season. They update various times throughout the day with player information, trading information, scheduling, news, and ticket information. It's very relevant now too as the they are currently in spring training and their season will begin very soon.

4. Gadling
     - Last year I did a project where I had to follow a blog for a couple months and write about it. I picked Gadling, as it's an online travel blog, and traveling is one of my favorite interests. Last year I got to interview the Editor-in-Chief regarding the blog and the future of where blogging is going. Their Twitter updates very frequently, almost 20 times a day sometimes! Gadling has lots of contributing bloggers who post about hot vacation spots, interesting and bizarre cuisine in certain countries, extreme sports all over the world, and how to save money on flight and hotel fares. It's also really interesting to me that all of the contributors are freelance writers.  It holds very importance to me. It would be really cool if someday I could be a part of this blog.

5. Marie Claire
     -Marie Claire is one of my favorite magazines, as it provides information for women on fashion, health, beauty, career tips, and other interesting and relevant topics. I am subscribed to the magazine and I now follow the magazine on Twitter. They update very often as well.  I would love to write, edit, and be involved anyway possible with a magazine such as Marie Claire so being able to stay so updated with what their up to is very important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment