Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Interviews

How do you plan on self promoting yourself?
- I plan on self promoting myself by keep negative situations that I may be in out of the public eye, and also by cleaning up and filtering what i post to the web.  Word of mouth is a big channel for self promotion as well, so keeping a good reputation and being friendly will help.

Name three goals you have between now and gradaution?
- First I would like to make the Dean's List. Second I would like to land an internship in New York City. Lastly, I would like have a decision made of where I want to go to grad school.

What employment goals do you have after graduation? Name three of them.
- First I want to go to grad school after graduating to get my MBA in business. I would all want to finished with an internship or two. Lastly I want to be working in the social media/editor sides of a major magazine based in New York City, with my own column.

Name three best case scenario jobs.
- Three best case scenario jobs would be an editor of a major magazine, editor at a publishing company, and having my own column at a major magazine.

Do you prefer to work professionally alone or with a group and why?
- I would prefer to work alone. I get more work done that way and I stay focused more. I also don't have to work about other people completing tasks.

What contributions can you make to a group dynamic? Name three.
- I'm pretty flexible with ideas, I'm very encouraging, and I'm a friendly person.


What contributions can you make working independently? Name three.
-  I'm very organized, I'm determined, and my creativity comes out more when I work alone.

What are your pet peeves in a work environment?
- My pet peeves within the work environment include disrespect, laziness, and being late.

Name three things you feel passionate about professionally.
- I feel passionately about people being open minded because different peoples ideas will always be around. I also feel passionately about a work structure, such as individual people each having their own jobs. Lastly, I feel everyone should be friendly.

How do you handle stress and pressure?
- I run, exercise, and confide in friends and family to handle stress and pressure. Being a journalism major with lots of deadlines, however, has made handling pressure a lot easier.

Name three jobs you had, and the best success and the worst failure you experienced at each job.
- First job was working as a lifeguard at a community pool in Hamburg, N.J. My success with this job was being able to get certified in CPR and help me gain lots of responsibility. The failure I experienced with this job was after three years and not getting re-certified as well as not communicating well problems I  was experiencing with my bosses.  The second job was working at Westrock Pool and Spa, which is where I still work now. My success in this job was gaining lots of retail experience as well as getting closer to my best friends family who owns the business. A failure in this job was handling rude customers respectfully. I really only had those two jobs in the past, but if you count babysitting then that is my third job. A success in it is that I gained so much responsibility and I learned how to care for children of all ages. A failure was again with communication. When i had an issue with the kids or my working environment I was hesitant with expressing that with the parents.

How do you handle criticism?
- I used to take criticism pretty harshly, but I have a completely different outlook on it now. Criticism should be a force that helps you get better, especially as an aspriting journalist. Editors after editors will be reading my writing and not every one is going to like it, but it will help me become a better writer.

Outline three strengths youhave in the work place.
- I have gotten really good at communicating issues and conerns with higher positions above me, as well as below me. I am also very persistant, if something doesn't happen the first time I'll work to make it happen the second or third time. Lastly, I'm friendly. Peeople forget that being friendly and nice can actually take you a long way.

Has creating a Wikihow page strengthened your communication skills? Name and elaborate on three things.
- Yes it has. For one, it made be better able to communicate the points I was trying to get across. The majority of the people that will be reading what I created don't know anything about me or what I'm like, but I had to be able to communicate what i was trying to say by appealing to a wide audience. Secondly, I have never written as extensive of a list of steps as I did for the Wikihow. That will definitely help me in the future. Lastly, it helped me with communicating my thoughts and ideas on a website that I was unfamiliar with before doing this project. I am now comfortable using Wikihow, Vimeo, and using some coding.

How will Facebook be used to promote yourself? Name and elaborate on three things.
- Well for one having a lot of friends will really help me here. I'm constantly communicating with friends on their wall, making statuses, and posting pictures that really show I'm outgoing and get along with a lot of people. That's a good quality to have under your belt. Second, in the way I portray myself as far as staying in a good light. Things such as refraining from posting pictures where there is anything illegal or could be taken the wrong way on Facebook. Lastly, I share and promote stories and event that I cover and write about. For example, this year for the paper I was covering intramural sports and I would share the dates when all the events took place, and how students could get involved. I can also post my actual article that i write so that I'll get a bigger audience to read it.

How will you promote an organization on Facebook?
- First I can post links to that organizations website and Facebook on my Facebook page. That will attract people to click on the link and check out the organizations site. Second, I can post statuses about upcoming events and things that the organization is doing, and how people can get involved. Lastly, something as simple as making my profile picture a picture that represents that organization will attract curiousity about why that is my picture and what it's for.

How will you use Twitter to promote yourself? Name and elaborate three things.
- Twitter is nice because you have to keep your tweets under 140 characters, which forces you to get out what you're trying to say in fewer words which will keep the readers attention. To promote myself I would post links on Twitter to The Record's wesite, which is the schools paper that I write for and will become editor for. People would be able to see samples of my writing. I could also share opinions on things that I feel strongly about, which could spark interest in future employers who feel strongly about the same things. I can also share other writing samples, pictures, and links to videos that I have created to make me more marketable.

Graphically, what do you want to have on your website? Name and elaborate on three things.
- The first thing I definitely want on myu website are pictures. Pictures are the number one thing that attracts people to continue to look at your website. Maybe even a slideshow of pictures which would be even more appealilng. The second thing I want to have graphically is a noticeable color scheme/theme throughout the whole website. Such as all the font being the same color, and all the links and categories in the same color as well. The third thing I want graphically is a great layout. I want everything to be very organized and not too busy.



No comments:

Post a Comment